There’s simply nothing like a mug of warm hot chocolate to mark the holiday season, and to remind us just how sweet life can be. Today we’re sharing a special peppermint version of this time-tested favorite that is health conscious while still being decadent and totally delish. Coming from the kitchen of inspiring clinical nutritionist and wellness coach Jennie Miremadi, this recipe uses raw cacao, which is the purest form of chocolate you can consume. Sounds purely heavenly to us. Sip happy, loves!
- Blend all ingredients other than minty marshmallows in Vitamix or other high-speed blender until ingredients are thoroughly combined and hot cocoa is steaming when blender lid is removed, about 3 minutes.
- Adjust stevia to taste.
- If your blender doesn’t heat hot cocoa sufficiently, transfer to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, turn off heat and pour hot cocoa into two mugs.
- Top hot cocoa with minty marshmallows, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy! Serves 2.
Images via: Valorie Darling, The Tig Instagram