It was just two short years ago that we introduced you to standout Chef Matteo Salas, of San Miguel de Allende‘s famed gourmet restaurant Áperi, right here on The Tig. And today we’re circling back to Chef Matteo for a very special occasion: the pursuit of the perfect dessert. This innovative take on a classic favorite is sure to delight your taste buds and please even the most cautious of foodies. And with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, there’s never been a better time to try something new. Buen provecho!
- Mix all the cheesecake ingredients in a blender until you have a soft mixture. Cook in the oven in either cupcake molds or a cake pan for 2 hours at 200°F.
- Mix the crust ingredients together in a food processor. Lay on a baking sheet with wax paper with a crust thickness of about 1/8″, and put it in the freezer.
- For the beet topping, bring the sugar and water to a boil and add the beets in slices. Cook them until they are tender.
- Once frozen, cut the crust into individual rectangular shapes to serve.
- Top the crust with cheesecake mixture.
- Finish the cheesecake with beet topping and add vanilla bean ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
Images via: Chef Matteo Salas